LOCATION: In-person and virtual as needed and as health protocols allow. Physical office is located in the heart of historic Georgetown.
TIME: 20 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $15/hour or course credit
Proof of Vaccination Required
Are you a self-starter looking for an opportunity to learn the public relations agency business from the ground up at a growing boutique firm? Do you have experience or an interest in sustainability and corporate social responsibility?
Our small communications firm is seeking a summer intern to work alongside our growing team. We offer a nimble entrepreneurial environment where audacious ideas are the norm, excellence isn’t an afterthought, and fun is encouraged to make a daily appearance.
We’re seeking a pro-active go-getter who doesn’t want to settle for just any internship and is instead ready to jump in and be a part of the team.
Detailed Job Description
- Contribute to the development of client deliverables and client products/content.
- Support day-to-day management of account work across client relationships.
- Participate in brainstorms and creative sessions.
- Assist with content strategy and management of agency social media platforms.
- Perform research and information gathering related to various client assignments.
- Carry out various administrative tasks necessary for the operations and management of the firm and the work of the managing director.
Skills & Qualifications
- Curiosity and a knack for “googling” and using other research resources to get smart fast or fill knowledge gaps to support client programs.
- Excellent communications and critical thinking skills with the ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Tactical proficiency in writing and an interest in content development, traditional and digital media relations, and presentation development.
- High fluency in Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated business etiquette in both meetings and written client communications.
- Ability to find and master new technology and tools to help service client needs.
- Rising college senior, graduating senior, or graduate student at an accredited higher education institution.
- Kind, proactive, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic self-starter with a sense of humor.
- Punctual team player with a can-do spirit.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To Apply: Tell us about yourself and send your resume to email@example.com.
We’re experts in the practice of communications and public affairs, entrusted by blue chip global companies and organizations to help build their reputations and deliver on their values. Our programs, and especially our expertise in sustainability and corporate social responsibility, help companies, associations, and nonprofit organizations tell their stories and advance their interests with the audiences that matter most. We are a woman-owned business and a woman-led team committed to a healthy planet, healthy people, work-life balance, and diversity of thought and backgrounds among our team members.